Iron FE is a chemical element with the element symbol Fe.
Iron is a vital trace element for almost all living beings, in animals especially for blood formation. Nevertheless, the iron content in marine aquarium should be within certain limits. If, for example, excessive algae growth occurs despite a low supply of nutrients, then the cause may be an excessively high iron concentration.
In particular, phosphate adsorbers based on iron release iron to the water. Too high iron concentrations can be reduced by activated carbon. But even a strong skimming deprives the water of large amounts of iron.
The iron content in the marine aquarium should ideally be 0.15 mg / L.
The GIESEMANN professional Fe test
- Very precise colorimetric test
- high quality color chart
- Accuracy 0.05 mg per liter
- Measuring range 0.05 - 0.75 mg / liter
- Very well recognizable color change
- Specially developed for salt water
- Sufficient for 40 measurements
- Detailed instructions for use
- Reaction vessel with lid
- Dosing syringe 6 ml
- Fe1 indicator powder
- Fe2 reaction solution
- measuring spoons